Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

We had RAIN yesterday! REAL RAIN!

It's been so long, but we actually had RAIN here in the desert yesterday!  It was wonderful!  I love the smell of the desert after a nice rain.  And, it even rained at our house yesterday afternoon.  I stopped and took these photos as I was driving back to Palm Desert from Indio.  I had to babysit the granddaughter (who took a couple of steps yesterday).  I can't wait to see what our mountains are like this morning and I may take a short drive up to them this morning.  It should be a great day for photos today!  Look how DARK the skies were.  Hubby told me he heard thunder and saw lightning, but I didn't hear or see any...


No comments: