Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Ranch roses~Today's Flowers~041314

I was able to get up to the ranch yesterday and was surprised to see ALL the roses up there in bloom!  They were gorgeous.  After greeting the horses, I walked around and took these photos of the flowers.  I also spotted a roadrunner at the ranch.  The owner isn't sure if she's glad to see him, however, as he apparently killed a quail last week.    Today's Flowers for Sunday, April 13, 2014.  To visit Today's Flowers, please go to this link:    http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/




5 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Gorgeous roses, thank you for sharing them. It was interesting to me to learn that road runners were prone to kill other birds. I would never have known that. Have a great week :)

Karin M. said...

Such gorgeous roses and photos of them. I can almost smell them!
Liebe grüße, Karin

Cheryl Ann said...

Yes. I read up on them and they will kill any bird they can. One roadrunner, years ago, even chased our cat, Daisy, down the street!
~Cheryl Ann~

A Colorful World said...

Gorgeous roses! My miniature ones haven't started blooming yet. Oh, how shocked people usually are that roadrunners kill birds but we have watched them do it. It was such a surprise for us the first time!

kissed by an angel said...

A wonderful series of these enchanting beauties!
How I love the fragrance of roses. I'm looking forward to enjoy that wonderful gift of mother nature soon...we enjoy Spring time at the moment :)