Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall tree and fence~Friday's Fences~101113

Fall is definitely early this year.  In fact, our local mountains had their first SNOWFALL on Wednesday.  And, it wasn't a dusting!~They had over 2 inches of SNOW!  That is one of the earliest snowfalls on record!  :-)  Idyllwild got 2 inches.  I don't think this area got any, because it is only 4,000 feet elevation.  But, the trees are turning yellow.  I can't wait for the weekend!  Friday Fences for October 11, 2013.  To visit FF, please go to:   http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

4RRanch said...

Very peaceful looking and beautiful retreat, but SNOW already? No thank you.

LV said...

Nothing more beautiful than seeing the trees change their colors.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

That happened fast. Seems like you were just sweltering in the heat like us. It's nice being in an area where the leaves change colors. One of these years I'd like to go to Salt Lake City in October. I did that once years ago and was in awe. I saw colors I didn't even know existed.