Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fall colors~Flagstaff aspen~Sunday Stills Challenge~102713

We took a drive west of Flagstaff yesterday to see the aspen. They are on Highway 180, which goes to the Flagstaff Snow Bowl and Nordic training center.  We were a tad late and only a few aspen still had their leaves.  Most of them are bare now.  But, there were a few hangers-on, and we stopped to take photos of those.  I found a forest road with some bare aspen and I spent some time wandering around that area while hubby looked for a place for dinner!  I'm glad we were able to see some color!  Sunday Stills Challenge for October 27, 2013.   To visit SSC, please go to this link:   http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/


1 comment:

Tara said...

Pretty! I want to go to Colorado one day for fall pics of the aspen there....so gorgeous!
Tara