Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cali in the shadows

Saturday afternoon was windy and cold up at the ranch.  I didn't get up there in the morning, like I usually do, but drove up mid-afternoon.  And, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  It was cold!  It had been freezing the night before.  I wanted to give the horses an extra meal and some oil, so I headed up the mountain.  I got some nice photos of back lighting, which I needed to do for Sunday Stills.  It's so different in the late afternoon!  I saw lots of shadows and lighting that I normally don't see in the morning, including this one of Cali in the shade.

No comments: