Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Spring in the desert
















Despite our unseasonably warm days right now, we are in the midst of spring here in the desert. Our plants and shrubs that are blooming are very different from those up in the mountains, however. I took an early morning walk yesterday with my camera and took these pics. While our daytime temps are about 10 degrees above normal right now (up in the 100's), the mornings here in our desert are very pleasant. There were quite a few people out walking yesterday and I'm going back today for my morning walk before heading off to school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Spring photos. I do enjoy the desert at this time of year ... before it gets too hot!
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your photos! You live in a very beautiful place - thank you for sharing it with us.