Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

mustang and mud~THat's My World 051909





























I have a story to tell about Cali! I stopped by the ranch Sunday morning, on my way back from San Diego. I stopped at the feed store, bought some dog food, and then went to the ranch. When I checked the mustangs' water trough, a big algae bloom floated up, so I decided to empty it out and scrub it . Of course, I couldn't resist getting a mustang wet and Cali was the nearest, so I squirted her with the hose. In the heat, she actually liked it (not Scout, however!). And, of course, after that, she wandered off to roll in the manure! (seehow dirty she was in the pics) Ladeda....scrub, scrub, scrub. I emptied out the water and it all ran into one of Cali's "holes" nearby. Pretty soon, she ambled over to take a look and was quickly splashing in the water. She splashed me, my camera, my hair, my face!!! Pretty soon, I was wet with yucky, algae-infested water, but I stood and took pics. DIRTY, DIRTY GIRL!!! Yesterday, however, when we stopped by, she was absolutely clean and shiny. See, girls, those mud packs really work! Anyway, this was my world on Sunday. TMW for May 19, 2009.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love watching the horses play in the water! One of our pastures has a low spot where we get a small pond from time to time - they love to go down there and splash and play - next time maybe I'll have my camera with me.

Arija said...

LOL...oh what fun!!!

Shey said...

This is such a fun post to watch. Looks like someone is having an awesome time in the mud. :) Very cool photos.

Huzhar said...

Interesting post! Never seen the horse playing in mud.. :)

Jenn said...

Cali had some fun!!!