Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Got carrots? Part I Camera Critters for Saturday, May 23, 2009











Hubby and I bought a 25 pound of carrots for "the herd" today at Vons. They are regularly either $7.99 or $9.99 (I forget which...), but were on sale for $5.99. What a deal! Hmmm....wish they were that cheap when we go to visit the mustangs at Ridgecrest, but...probably not. ANYWAY, we drove up and Sunni and Beauty nickered to greet us and once we opened up the back of the van, well...they smelled the carrots! But, LOOK at Sunni!
Sunni: Do I smell carrots? Carrots, carrots, carrots! Oh, boy, how I love carrots, but...I better not act too excited or I'll scare myself! Oh, boy! Mom's got carrots...sniff, sniff, sniff, sniff! Oops!~I'd better be a GOOD BOY or Mom won't give me any carrots! Okay. Here I am on my BEST BEHAVIOR!
Tee hee!
Camera Critters for Saturday, May 23, 2009 ~~ and, yes, he GOT his carrots! Part 2 tomorrow.

5 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Upclose and personal!

I played too :)

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Amazing how much horses love carrots. I wonder how they got them before we started delivering them to them?

Corey~living and loving said...

too fun. :) come by and see my pics of my mini horse today.
happy CC!

Sandy Kessler said...

how handsome and what fun Sandy

Allison said...

Great post and great pictures. As a little girl my dad would drive me out to Carbon Canyon (Do u know where that is at?) and we would stop and feed horses carrots. This post brings back great memories. Thanks!