Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Horse bath






















Why is it that as soon as we are done grooming our horses, THEY go out and roll in the dirt? It happens every time....makes 'ya wonder who's smarter, right? And, look at Sunni and Beauty. THEY aren't rolling in the dirt (this time!) Horses are funny.

11 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

They all seem to enjoy their "horsey" powder

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Look Mom! We're all clean! lol!

~Lisa

Katharine Swan said...

Actually, it probably IS smarter behavior than ours. Flies are more attracted to sweet smells -- like shampoo and conditioner -- and the dirt masks it. ;o)

Dusty Devoe said...

Aren't they silly!

Susan Cook said...

Wow cool shots! I didn't know they like to roll in the dirt. TFS

Marie Reed said...

This is how my sons take their baths too:)

Anonymous said...

Rolling must feel really good to them - my favorite is when I bathe my grey mare and she promptly rolls in the grass, getting green stains all over (which are next to impossible to remove)!

Unknown said...

LOL ..they're really enjoying themselves, though :-)

Beautiful horses..

Carolina said...

Haha, great shots.

storyteller said...

Wonderful photo series! I love the horse baths ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Sandy Kessler said...

great great shots Sandy