Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

SHOTS!

Well, today was annual shots day! Beauty will get hers once she is delivered from the desert to the mountains, probably next weekend. She'll be great! She doesn't spook at anything and is very calm. Gigondas didn't move a muscle for her two shots. GOOD GIRL! Sunni was a "drama queen" and snorted and acted like a spoiled brat. He does NOT like his yearly vaccinations! Cali stood perfectly still, didn't even move for her shots. She is SUCH a sweetheart! Scout...well...Scout was SCOUT! First of all, it took me 3 attempts to halter her. Hmmmm......she DID get her shots, then our vet wanted to work her for about 20 minutes! He banged the lead rope on the ground...she didn't move. He really liked her. Said she will make a great trail horse once she is trained and said she is very SMART! Now, yesterday, she stood perfectly still for me and I haltered her and took her out to eat grass and she was FINE! Go figure! I'm glad that 4 of them are done...only 1 to go! Since I took Sunni out of the paddock and up to the round pen, Cali and Scout got to run around and act goofy! Photos to come. I didn't have time to take any, but Art did.

No comments: