Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Good Saturday workout!



Well, FINALLY! Today was a decent day with the horses (weather-wise). Not too hot. Not too cold. A slight breeze, not a gale! I was able to halter Scout and I did some nice circles with her. She remembers so much and she TRIES now! (phew!) She is getting better every weekend. She is so curious that she wants to participate now! I also haltered Cali and took her for a walk. It was "breezy" and she spooked a couple of times when the wind blew through the mesquite. She went quietly into the round pen and ate a bunch of weeds around it! I was able to get my hands down both her front legs after about 4 tries! (Scout, nooooooooooooooooooooooo......!!!!!) The ferrier will be back in about a month and I need to have their wittle feet trimmed, so I'll work on them every time I go up now. With the time change, I'll be able to drive up mid-week, as well as the weekends! YEAH!

Anyway, Art took Gigondas out to the arena and let her run! She kicked up her heels and enjoyed the sunshine. It was a good day for all.

No comments: