Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Beauty is back! Horses reunited!




Well, Beauty is back up in the mountains. She has spent 7 months with my cousin, Valerie, learning how to walk, trot, and canter. She is absolutely WONDERFUL! THANK YOU, Valerie! You did a great job with her! Now it is up to me to continue riding her up in the mountains! Valerie got Beauty used to things on the trail: cars, trains, people, odd things like cement blocks! I can't wait to ride her again!




Cathy and I picked her up on Saturday. THANK YOU CATHY! You did an awesome job trailering her to the mountains. Beauty went right up into the trailer. NO PROBLEMO! And, she unloaded like a lady! And, she is now settled into her new paddock.




I spent Sunday just brushing the horses and touching Scout all over with the lead rope. I can now go down BOTH of her front legs...no big deal! She stands quietly now while MOM does this funny stuff! Nothing seems to bother her!




It was cold and windy in the mountains today, like it was ready to rain! VERY COLD! Too cold to do much! I basically just worked the horses today and drove home. Maybe I'll drive up mid-week and work them. It was HOT in the desert, but cold and windy in the mountains. I can't wait for some decent weather!

Beauty has settled into her new pen and is doing well! She has new neighbors and is adjusting to them.

No comments: