Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, March 28, 2008

Busy day!











Well, today I took our dog to the vet for a checkup. He has had mange and it was BAD! I was afraid we might actually lose him to the mange. He scratched until he bled, he shook his head, his ears were infected. It was AWFUL! I switched vets and the old, conventional vet did a WONDERFUL JOB with him! He now has energy, HAIR, and his face looks better. Anyway, after his vet visit, I took him to see the horses. They were all nose to nose! Since he is so easygoing, there were no problems. I tied him to a tree post and put him on a LONG lunge line! That way, he could move around freely, but not get too far into the paddock. I'll post photos later.

Haltered Sunni and moved him around, picked up his feet. He is so ready to ride! Haltered Cali and moved her around like Sunni. Picked up her feet. She is coming along nicely. Scout? NAH....she didn't want ANY part of ANY of that nonsense! She did follow me around and "allow" me to brush her, so I did that.

No comments: