Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, April 6, 2020

I'm still here...busy making face masks!!!!!

Sorry I've been AWOL for a few days.   I'm busy making masks just as quickly as I can.   I originally got an order for 4 from a doctor friend of mine (I didn't charge her anything).   Then my family members ALL wanted one, then an order from a friend of our daughter's, then a former colleague ordered 3, then a customer from my journal shop ordered 5, then a second cousin ordered 4...you get the idea.   So far I believe I have now made 33 face masks.    My first one took me 1.5 HOURS to figure it out.   I'm using the pleated cloth made face mask template from Kaiser Hospital.   I'm going through thread, bobbin thread, I have NO elastic, so these are made using a fabric seam binding...and I just looked online at JoAnn's, Amazon, and they are all out of white cotton thread.   Good thing I just found 1,000 yards of it in the back of my thread drawer!

Here are some photos:





If you would like me to make you one, or several, they are $10 each and I accept PayPal and I can mail them to you.   Do let me know.  You can leave a comment here or contact me at:     deserthorses5@gmail.com... I have all kinds of colors and fabrics, even some for guys! :-)

XOXOXOXOXO
Cheryl

No comments: