Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Well, summer is HERE!!!!

Until this week, we haven't had to have the air conditioner on 24/7.   We now do.   Temps are well up in the 100's and nights aren't cooling down, like they did last week.   Last week we were able to throw open the windows and let the cool nighttime air flow into the house until about noon.   Nope.   NO MORE....darn!!!

I did a video here about my summer garden.   Please excuse me constantly clearing my throat.   I had a NASTY, HORRIBLE stomach virus, which seems to now be a head cold and my voice was all scratchy, but you'll get to see my "babies"...zinnias, cosmos, marigold, and some other plants.  Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vZJmHM0LMo

I didn't realize how NOISY the birds were!   Aren't they enjoyable?

~~Cheryl Ann~~

No comments: