Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Yard cleanup

We had winds so bad last weekend that we lost a branch of our mesquite out front and about HALF of our Chinaberry in the back yard.   A crew is coming tomorrow to cut them and haul them away and do yard debris CLEANUP in the back yard.   We need help!   Hubby and I are both tool told to be cutting branches that size and we have no means of hauling them away.   So, there goes part of our tax refund.   BUT, the back yard will be cleaner and I'll be able to see the back fence again!

My hollyhocks survived all the winds, but they are looking, well...a little thrashed.   Poor things.   I keep watering them and they keep blooming, however.   I DID plant 2 curved rows of cosmos, zinnias, marigolds, and a light small sunflower out front, along with 2 mint plants and a Thompson seedless green grape vine!   And, it is in a semi-sunny area that will get afternoon shade, so they should do well.   Everything has sprouted.

I NEED to get up and visit the horses, but it won't happen today or tomorrow and I'm on jury duty "standby" for next week, so maybe next weekend I can get up to see them.   I let the ranch owner borrow our battery pack weed eater and I need to get it back.

So, things are moving along...slowly.   Life during retirement is sometimes slower, but I had to babysit 2 days last week, so I lost track of time!   Only 9 more days of school this year....YAY!   Then school starts up again about August 7th...right during the middle of our monsoon season when the humidity is... unbearable!

Have a great weekend!
~Cheryl Ann~

No comments: