Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Bodie update!

Bodie has now been with us for 10 days and we just can't believe what a wonderful dog he is.   We think he was around children.  We took him to our daughter's house and he played with her kids one entire afternoon while she cooked dinner for us.   He was fine with the kids (ages 2 and 5).  They eventually wore him out and he came home and toddled off to bed at 8 p.m., right on schedule.

He's only had 2 accidents in the house.   The first one was the day he came home (he obviously wasn't potty trained), and another one this morning when I was gone to Target and WalMart for groceries.  I reminded hubby to pay attention to his behavior, but... OF COURSE he ignored me and didn't look up from his laptop apparently the entire time I was gone.   So, it really wasn't the puppy's fault....(if you know what I mean...).... Poppa just wasn't parenting.

So, because it was ONLY 108 here today, Bodie and I spent some time in the back yard.   He ran around the yard and started DIGGING under our Chinaberry tree. ... digging and digging...MAN!  Those little paws sure can MOVE!   He ended up with dirt all over his nose!   He's asleep now and the cat came into my office.

I finished 2 journals this weekend and am starting another one.   I really LOVE the 9x11 inch size, so tomorrow I'll head over to the library and see if I can find more of them.   You can see them here in my ETSY store:     https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
I finished my desert/Western themed one, did a Sierra Nevada one, and finished a general botanical one.  It was a busy weekend!

So, until next time...
~~Cheryl Ann~~
I'm wondering why there are NO COMMENTS for weeks and weeks...???WHERE is everybody?

No comments: