Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Idyllwild vacation





I've had this whole week off school (whoo, whoo!), and Sunday afternoon hubby and I headed up to Idyllwild for 3 nights.  We took our German Shepherd, Lady, with us.  This lodge is only one of four up there which allows dogs and she is so well behaved, we knew she wouldn't be a problem.  Also, I've only had her 2 months and I wasn't sure how she would be alone at home with Ripley.  So, we all piled into the X-Terra and went.  There were still yellow and orange leaves on the trees in town and it was delightful!  COLD for a change!  Brrrr!!!  There was frost on the cabins the first night.  Hubby bought firewood for the stone fireplace and we had a fire going the entire time (I know, I know...we're "flatlanders"...not used to the cold.)  Actually, hubby enjoys it.  He grew up in Pennsylvania, so he knows what cold is like.  I'm a native Southern Californian, so I get cold if it drops below 80 degrees!  We took our food with us and he BBQ'd all 3 nights.  I took Lady, our shepherd, for walks out into the areas around the cabin and she discovered squirrels!  She was quite interested in them.  This cabin has a LONG porch on the back, and she would quietly sit and watch them!  It was a great way to begin the week and we're off for turkey with the kids this afternoon.

No comments: