Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

That's one dirty boy!!! Sunni







Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days. Hubby forgot to pay our Internet and cable bill and everything was turned off and, of course, they tacked on another month, so we had to wait until he got paid...just one of those facts of life! ANYWAY, last week, before the dreaded SCHOOL started, I took these pics of Sunni, who was clean and shiny. See the before pic? And, after I gave him a shower with the hose, he, of course, rolled in the dirt and manure and looked like THIS! ACK! (sigh...) He is coming along nicely now with his lessons and my cousin will saddle him tomorrow and Monday (no school!). I can't wait to see the herd. We've had mountain and desert thunderstorms lately (our typical August weather!) and, with the humidity, I've just been too worn out to drive up to see them. I was ready to do so today, but hubby was feeling sick and I had to babysit him!!! We are trying to be extra cautious regarding our health down here as there are several hundred cases of swine flu in the valley AND some West nile cases, too. As I stood and did yard duty today, I looked down at my legs (I was wearing shorts) and I had 5 mosquitoes on each leg! YIKES! I did the "mosquito swat dance" quickly and got them off! Students and teachers alike have been complaining about the mosquitoes at school and now I can see why! I have a 3 day weekend coming up and believe me, that will be "horse time"!!!

1 comment:

Molly said...

That's pretty exciting that Sunni is ready to be saddled. I hope you are there to take a picture.