Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, September 5, 2020

WHEN will fall finally arrive?

 This Labor Day weekend here in California and the Southwest is expected to break all records.   It is forecast to be 120 degrees here in Palm Desert tomorrow and 119 for the next 2 days after that.   By Tuesday, temps will be down 10 degrees both during the daytime and at night.

WHERE IS FALL?

It certainly isn't here yet and one forecaster predicts that September will continue to have above-average temperatures... ALL MONTH!    I looked ahead at the 10 day forecast and by the end of the 10 days, temps will be back up to 110!   YIKES!   In September!   That's awful!

I'm SO ready this weekend to work on my garden out front, but it is already 91 degrees at 6:30 in the morning, so I don't see that happening.   I'm free from babysitting the 7 year old 2nd grade granddaughter for the next 2 weeks since her other grandma will be coming down to stay with the family.   SOMEONE has to fix her breakfast, lunch, and keep an eye on her during the day while Mommie teaches middle school band online (try that one, eh?)

Horses get their shots on the 16th and I may have to make an appointment with a dermatologist for a raised, bumpy "thing" on my leg.   Oh, joy!   I'm already having nightmares about sitting in a doctor's office during COVID.

Hubby and I WILL be getting our flu shots during my 2 weeks off.

Here are a few recent photos for you: Both were VERY interested in the koi fish pond up at the Idyllwild cabins!






No comments: