Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, January 2, 2020

New Year 2020

Well, it is already January 2, 2020.   I read on Facebook that we should all write out the complete date, thus I am writing out 2020.   I don't really know why, but I like it.

Our son's 40th birthday was December 28, so I drove up over the Santa Rosa mountains to visit his family and stay overnight.   At 90 miles, it is just too long a trip for me now that I'm older, so I do stay overnight.

I'm glad I went.   Our daughter and her family drove to San Diego and took the freeway, but I drove over Highway 74 and then Highway 371 down to Anza, Aguanga, and Temecula.   I'm glad I made the trip.   It was the day after a heavy snow and from Pinyon Pines through Anza it was a winter wonderland!

Photos below:

 This was the view of the San Bernardino mountains from Vista Point on Highway 74
 Santa Rosa mountain from Pinyon Pines
 On the Santa Rosa Indian reservation...the oak forest.   I LOVE this place!
 Heading down Highway 371 toward anza
 The Anza community park
 Paradise Corner, which is at the intersection of Highway 371 and Highway 74
Looking back toward Mt. San Gorgonio (Big Bear) from Highway 74 on my way back home

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann said...

It is only a 10 minute drive from our home on the desert floor to the mountains. I enjoy this drive, even tough the road is very narrow and has a lot of curves!