Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Glad I got my seeds planted!

I'm so happy that I got all my seeds planted 2 days ago.   In fact, I went out that afternoon and planted sugar snap peas along the chain link fence!   And, I raked an entire area where I want to put my spring garden.   I'm going to keep throwing my coffee grounds out there and raking them into the soil.   I have a bag full of horse manure to spread around, also, so that area will be nice & fertile by spring (if the STUPID DOG stays OUT OF IT!)

We got sprinkles yesterday afternoon and it was DAMN COLD here with the wind blowing.   I made the mistake of going to Whole Foods because the 6 year old granddaughter needs some white grape juice (she has a severe stomach virus AND she's lost 4 pounds!).   She ended up in the ER Tuesday night crying and in extreme pain.  The ER was absolutely packed.   I've never seen it like that.   And, I drove home and left Papa with our daughter and granddaughter, since I can't manage to stay awake after 9 p.m.   They waited... 7 HOURS.   He was dropped off at 4:30 a.m. and we all got there at 9:30 p.m. the night before. 

Anyway, Whole Foods was nothing but... a headache.   The store was PACKED and they only had 3 checkers and there were 3 lines with at least 10 people and carts in EACH LINE!   I mean, what is WRONG with that store?   People were grumbling and rolling their eyes.   After that I went to Trader Joe's.   THEY had every line open and there was only 1 person ahead of me there.   Now, THAT is a well-run store!   And, I had to return in the afternoon because hubby wanted to make pasta for dinner and we had no sauce or sausages or red wine!   So, back I went, and it was still well run!   They get 5 thumbs up.   Whole Foods gets a ppppffffftttttttt!

So, enjoy the holiday with your family!
Cheryl Ann

No comments: