Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, November 25, 2019

Getting ready for the coming storm!

I'm like a mad chipmunk right now, scurrying all over the front and back yards, busy planting seeds in anticipation of our 3 days of rain starting Wednesday this week!   I planted all kinds of herbs in the front garden and I've supplemented my hollyhocks and sunflowers out back.   I even planted them in some places among the rocks in the front yard! 

Out next to the mailbox I planted seeds of lupine, larkspur, and California poppies.   I didn't reseed that area with hollyhocks because, frankly, I have enough of them elsewhere.

So, I'm looking forward to this week's rain.   The snow level could be down to 4,000 feet!   WOW!   That means snow up on the road to Idyllwild and maybe even snow at the horse ranch!

Just a few photos from the horse ranch 2 weeks ago.

Stay safe and stay warm!
Cheryl






No comments: