Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, August 3, 2018

Thank goodness for dog naps!

So, this month Bodie will be... 8 months old!   He is filling out nicely.   He has extremely long legs, so we aren't sure what he is.   Definitely part lab, but the rest?????

Anyway, he pretty much follow me around the house all day.   Whatever room I'm in, HE is in too.  Right now he is beneath my table in my office, keeping an eye on me.   He sleeps on the bed at night.   Promptly every night, at 8 pm, he is ready for bed!   He gets up in the morning when I get up.   He gets his breakfast and some "outdoors" time.   Then back inside to play and run up and down the hallway and torment the cat.   Then, a nice LONG nap!

Thank goodness for dog naps!

This little guy is ALL ENERGY!   We have talked about doing a doggie DNA test on hi, but we haven't done it yet.  He is just the happiest thing!   He always has a big smile and he is ready to do anything.

I was surprised that he actually JUMPED into the car on his own after getting his last puppy shot Monday.  THANK GOODNESS because he weighed 49.5 pounds!   That's almost as much as a bag of pellets!   I'm going to work with him and get him to jump into the back seat WITHOUT my help.   He can do it...I just need to work with him.

I'm also working on "SIT".   It's strange how he cannot remember SIT, but he sure knows the word, "Cookie"!   Eh?

I gave him a carrot a few days ago.   It held his interest for... about 3 minutes and then was abandoned.  He prefers shredding Ripley's old toys or getting into the trash.   THAT is much more interesting!

So, life goes on...

~~Cheryl Ann~~

No comments: