Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, August 13, 2018

A change in the air...

There is a change in the air.   Colors are different.  Afternoon light is a delicious yellow/orange.   FALL is coming!   Even night time temperatures are dropping and this morning it is below 80 degrees outside!

So, yesterday hubby and I went out front, armed with clippers and attacked the low hanging branches of our huge mesquite.   We LOVE the shade, but I couldn't even get my car in the driveway due to the low branches.   And, the street sweeper couldn't pass by our house due to the sticking out in the street, so we cut away and filled up 3 of our big trash containers with branches.   I was shocked that hubby actually came out to help, but he did (A MIRACLE!).   It is good to now be able to pull both cars in the driveway without them being scratched.

I sold my grimoire-style journal over the weekend, so it is off to a new home in North Carolina.

Lots to do this week.   Hubby is going to visit the grand kids in Temecula and I'm going to babysit the 2 year old while his mother and sister go to kindergarten back to school night.  Bodie (the dog) and Brady (the grandson) LOVE to play together, so it will tire both of them out!   :-)

Until tomorrow...

~~Cheryl Ann~~

No comments: