Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, June 7, 2018

We are on the lookout for a new dog

Well, it's been a month since the vet came out and put Ripley down.   It hasn't been an easy month.   I still have moments of...sadness and tears. 

I was able to clean off the side porch and gather up some of her toys.  I still haven't been able to go into the closet, into her "den" and clean it out, however.   Yesterday I did stop at a thrift store run by an animal rescue and I bought 4 bowls, 1 leash, 2 toys, 3 books (GORGEOUS ONES!) and a pad for the car.   We WILL be stopping at humane societies along our way to June Lake for our trip and hubby is searching internet sites.   We just haven't found a good match for us yet.   Puppies go quickly and we are taking a short vacation soon.   I see a lot of older dogs, but we would prefer one about a year old (OUT OF THE PUPPY STAGE!).   It would have to be one that gets along with young children (5 grandkids) and cats, so that is quite a tall order.   We will know when the dog selects US.  And, it has to be a dog that we both agree upon.  I'm the one who has always brought home our dogs, so I think it is time for hubby to have a say in this! 

I'm trying to eat better and get my body (and mind) back into shape.  I've discovered quinoa and it is YUMMY!   I'm also eating more broccoli.   I run over to Whole Foods and buy a container of the salads I want and I munch on it for a couple of days.

Anyway, that's where things stand. 

Thanks for stopping by.  No photos.  I just haven't had much interest in photos lately.

~Cheryl Ann~

No comments: