Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Had a good visit with the herd yesterday

Hubby threw out his back a couple of weeks ago and I've been driving him to his chiropractor appointments twice a week.

He complained about sleeping in our bed, so he bought himself a recliner and now I can't get him OUT of it!   He LOVES IT! 

Anyway, he was SNORING at 8 a.m. yesterday, at 8:30, at 9:00, so I left and went up to the herd.   I knew I had to buy pellets for them (for their lunch snack), and I needed to worm them.  AND BRUSH THEM!   I came home with a whole pile of hair for the birds nests here!   I hope the birds appreciate all that hair!

Quad was the worst!   His hair was literally falling out!   Scout, of course, has the densest hair, but even she had a bunch coming out.   I even trimmed Sunni's and Gigondas' tails!  Sunni's tail has now completely grown out.   Remember Quad chewing on it a couple of years ago?

They all got wormed and then a snack of pellets. 

You know, they are ALL such loving animals!   Even Gigondas let me love on her!   :-)   That's a big step for the aloof human-hating mare that she was years ago.

I unloaded my 6 bags of pellets and picked up some loose alfalfa for my garden.   I bought some yellow squash at the local feed store/Ace Hardware.   ORGANIC, of course!   I already have pole beans coming up out back, along with sunflowers, hollyhocks, sweet peas, lavender, and even the Chinaberry is blooming!    (see pics below)...




 Ripley and my outdoor cat, "Mr. Gray" ALWAYS help me!!!!

 A view of my garden...
 Chinaberry blossoms

 A bee was in one of the holly hocks

3 comments:

Sathya said...

Nice blog, I never seen articles like this. I meant it's so knowledgeable, informative, and good looking site. I appreciate your hard work. Good job.

Unknown said...

Cheryl - I love your flower photos :-) You take great pictures :-) I am amature photographer , so I enjoy taking pictures :-) I can show you mine if you would like :-)

Cheryl Ann said...

Marianna, that would be awesome! I'd love to see yours!