Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Kitten update

Well, the little guy has been surviving.  He's "adopted" our neutered gray male cat as his role model and follows "Mr. Gray" around the yard.  I think they even sleep together out under the Chinaberry tree out back.  He shows up for breakfast and dinner, then sleeps all day...typical cat behavior!  I occasionally see him streak across the front yard after a bird or two, but he hasn't caught one yet!  Sometimes I see him lurking out in the back yard, among the dead grass, again, terrorizing the birds there. So far, in his near-week of freedom, he has adapted well.  But, remember, he was feral when he was caught in the trap by our neighbor, so he is used to being outside, on his own.  The lone kitten in the cage now just pretty much ignores its brother (I haven't determined its sex yet...) and doesn't seem too bothered by the gain of its brother's freedom.  Oh, and the dog is now banned to only the front yard, so she can't go eat the cat food I leave out for the little guy!

No comments: