Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

From the desert to the mountains~SkyWatch Friday~011515

 This view is from the desert.
 This view is when I was driving up the mountain road to see the horses.
This was the view when I dropped down into the Anza valley.

It was cloudy here in the desert the last time I went up to the horses for a visit.  And, the clouds were very different.  Here in the desert, we had some high clouds.  By the time I started up the mountain road, there were more clouds.  And, when I arrived in the Anza valley, it was raining off in the distance.  I never really know what kind of weather I'll encounter up where the horses are, so I keep a variety of shirts and jackets in my car, much to hubby's annoyance!
SkyWatch Friday for January 16, 2015.  http://skyley.blogspot.com.au/

No comments: