Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Catching up

I'm getting to know this year's class and they are getting to know me.  After last year, this group is EASY PEASY!  (Except for one...)...there's always ONE, right?  He's fine if I sit next to him ALL morning or ALL afternoon, but the minute I get up to help someone else, he's all over the room!  (...pulling out hair...) Yesterday the kids told me they felt an earthquake and there went my math lesson!  I never could get them back focusing on math.

No vacation days until November 12th.  That's a LONG haul from August 21 - November 12th.  I've already had to take two sick days and some kind of stomach bug is making the rounds at school.

It's been so danged HOT and HUMID here I haven't been able to get in a morning walk, either.  Temps will be down to 99 over the weekend, so maybe I can do it then...sigh...

Some photos from a couple of weeks ago.  I didn't make it up to the horses last weekend...too humid and I was too tired.


No comments: