Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Waiting for Time Warner to come tomorrow...sigh...

I've been AWOL for a few days now because I can't upload photos (too big) since I'm using my cell phone as a wifi hotspot.  Time Warner is coming tomorrow to HOPEFULLY and FINALLY resolve our Internet issues.  Turns out, the problem is in THEIR hardware, up at the top of the telephone pole in our yard.  30 years ago we planted trees around it to hide its ugliness and now they have to climb up around them to get to the top of the pole.  I'm sure the guy will be swearing tomorrow (heheheh!)...

I've been visiting other blogs...I just can't post large photos on here until we get our regular Internet back...

All the horses are fine and they are getting their winter coats. The farrier was supposed to come yesterday to trim all of them.   I have a 3 day weekend coming up, so I'll have lots of horse time (I hope)...at least 1 day.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Okay, so I just read your comment to my comment in the last post. If you have your Canon set to take raw pictures, they will be huge because they contain all the data possible that they can gather. .JPG or .TIF will have less, but anytime you upload photos to the Internet, you should convert the files to around 76 ppi (pixels per inch) in. JPG format. There should be some software on your computer or you can search for free photo editing software, and look for "convert files" in the menu. The conversion only takes a few seconds, and uploading will be tons faster with no errors.

This is just a tip separate from the Time Warner hardware problem.