Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Koi~Orange You Glad It's Friday~050313

Ugh, actually, YES!~ I'm glad it's Friday.  Unfortunately, I'm at home with...STREP THROAT!  I went to urgent care and the doctor ordered me home for the next 3 days!  Well, it's the weekend again, and now my plans have gone OUT THE WINDOW!  Oye vei!  Why do I get sick only on the weekends (beating head against desk...)

Anyway, I remembered these beautiful koi which were in the pond of the cabin place we'll be returning to in a couple of weeks.  Our grandson was absolutely fascinated with them.  I can tell that I'm going to have to babysit him next to the pond!   :-)  Good thing they have some nice chairs in the shade there.

Aren't they beautiful?  Orange you Glad It's Friday for May 3, 2013.  To visit OYGIF, please go to this link:
http://writingsofmaria.com/



3 comments:

maria said...

Here in Asia, koi's are believed to bring good luck. My granddaughters are also fascinated with them.

Thanks for joining us at OYGIF. Hope to see you again next Friday.

Linnea said...

I love photographing koi! You've done a great job with these! Perfect subject for Orange Friday...

DesertHen said...

These are some beautiful Koi! I hope you are on the mend soon! Enjoy your trip to the cabin!