Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Update from Bishop, CA

I'm so excited to announce that hubby and I saw several hikers off the Pacific Crest Trail today in both Lone Pine and Bishop, CA.  In fact, we were in the JC Penney in Bishop when a couple walked in and asked me if I knew the bus schedule in town.  I told the girl that I didn't, but she should ask the sales clerk.  Apparently they got the schedule and soon walked out the door.  I felt for them...they were hot, exhausted, the girl was carrying a liter of water.  We didn't have any water with us, or I would have given them some.  Another hiker was hitching a ride along 395, but we didn't have any room in our car!  Altogether, then today, we saw 6 hikers off the trail.  We are staying in a cabin near June Lake and the blue jays have already discovered the peanuts which I put out on the porch!  I'll post some photos as soon as I figure out how to upload them onto hubby's laptop!

No comments: