Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pepper party

Our daughter and SIL had a pepper party last night.  Everybody had to bring a dish with some sort of pepper in it.  Hubby went to COSTCO and spent 2 hours slicing and dicing celery, onions, peppers, and I don't know what else for his!  Some kind of "deconstructed" Greek salad.  Don't tell him, but it was AWFUL!  (...gag...) He put WAY too much dressing on it and it was kinda bland.  However, I did try some gnocchi with a pepper sauce which was delicious and brownies with peppers in them!  :-)  It was fun, but it got so loud that the hubs and I left about a couple of hours.  They have done this kind of theme dinner before.  One time it was a garlic party.  Ohhhhh....I would have liked that one!  Anyway, our mouths were on fire and I'd only had water to drink all night (designated driver), but hubby had a beer and 2 when he got home!  I'll be heading up to the horses today and I can't WAIT!

No comments: