Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Just around the garden~Nature Notes~May 26, 2020

I always love to putter around my two gardens in the morning, before it gets too hot and I have to retreat indoors because of the heat.   Living near Palm Springs, CA is great for about 7 months of the year.   We never know, however, what we are going to get in May, June, or September.   They can either be hot, HOT, HOTTTT or mild.

I still have flowers blooming and now I have squash blossoms!   I planted zucchini and yellow squash in several different locations and I even have one hanging pot (which I put on the ground) full of them. 

So, here's what's blooming in my gardens right now:

 Gorgeous squash blossom this morning
 Sunflower and bee
 Look at all the pollen that bee has!
 Unopened hollyhock
One of my black eyed Susans.   I have several plants of these which came up on their own from last year's seeds.
To visit Nature Notes, please go to this link:     https://ramblingwoods2.com/

4 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely flowers and you're right, that bee os carrying a lot of pollen!

betty-NZ said...

Such pretty blooms in the desert! My Hubby grows zucchinis well each year.


Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

Traveler In Me said...

Pretty flowers and most in the cheerful yellow color :)

Rambling Woods said...

Beautiful Cheryl