Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Horse visit July 21

I FINALLY made it up to the horse ranch Saturday.   It was going to be a hot day in the desert, about 113 degrees.  Today and tomorrow will be 120 here...sigh...Anyway, it was pleasant up there with a slight breeze.   I could have stayed ALL DAY!    Next time I go, I'm taking my chair with me and I'm going to sit in the shade and enjoy their weather!

All the horses look good except for Quad.  It is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to keep weight on him!   He gets fed 3x a day and he is still thin.   Sunni is GORGEOUS, as usual.   He really is a nice looking horse!   Scout didn't want to have anything to do with me except for the pellets I can carrying!  Gigondas could have cared less...sigh...

They will all get a vet visit either next month (depending on the weather) or September for their shots and dental work. 

In the meantime, Bodie is growing.   He has nice, sleek long legs and he is just a GOOFBALL!   He runs around the back yard for his exercise every morning and I have to be careful that he doesn't run over me!   He is such a nice boy!   However, he DOES like to torment our indoor cat, Abby.   They both want up on our bed and it is a contest of wills to see who gets to sleep on or next to use every night!

I haven't been taking any photos lately...just too dang hot outside.   I am staying inside and working on making journals:   2 for the ranch owner and 1 for sale in my ETSY shop:   https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Right now I'm busy making the ledger journal size, which is about 4x8".   I'm really enjoying this size, especially after making the over sized ones!

Take care and stay cool!
~Cheryl Ann~


No comments: