Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Bodie, Brady and Ellie

So, we now have our daughter's permission to bring Bodie over to her house when we come to dinner.   That's an important step for both her and us.   She's allergic to pet hair, you see.   She does have a small dog (that doesn't shed), and she also has a house full of tile.   Finally, Bodie behaves well enough around the house and with the kids.   I actually this he is a lab/boxer mix...THOSE EARS!!!! 

I took him in yesterday for his 2nd puppy shot and he goes back the 30th for his final one, so we aren't taking him out in public and besides it is TOO DANG HOT.   It is going to be 118 degrees here Friday with an overnight temperature of...95 degrees!   YIKES!  I went to the library and stocked up on books to make new journals with and I'll be staying put after I make a COSTCO run today to buy bird seed and steaks for the next several days.

Anyway, Bodie played with the kids and then they wore him out, so they covered him up with a dish towel (OF COURSE!...that makes sense, right?)   He slept through the whole episode...(see below)...


No comments: