Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Horse update

Hubby and I had a chance to stop at the horse ranch on our way back from Temecula on Sunday.  We drove over there Saturday to spend time with our son and grandkids.  I had some rocks for the grandson and we had his birthday presents, so we needed to go!  It was a beautiful weekend in Temecula ~ NO fog!  It had rained hard there on Friday and everthing was nice & green.  I'm glad we went.

The horses are all fine and still shaggy.  I only had time to run around and give each of them a couple of scoops of pellets, as hubby was getting fidgety.  He did walk over to say "Hi!" to Gigondas, but she was more interested in the food.

I'll have more time this coming Saturday to spend with them.  My grooming box is in the back of my car, and we had his car, so I didn't even have that with me.

 Sunni, of course, had to stick his big nose in the camera!
 Scout was IMPATIENTLY waiting for her snack and couldn't be bothered with any kind of lovin'.
 Quad just wanted his snack...NOW!
Pretty view of the ranch.  Gigondas turned her butt to me and went off and ate her snack, so I didn't even get a photo of her!

No comments: