Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, December 7, 2015

Another weekend

I didn't get up to see the horses this weekend...I just had too many things to do Saturday and Sunday I was exhausted.  I did make it up the street to the local nursery and I bought 9 new plants for my front garden, including one red verbena, which the butterflies and hummingbirds will really enjoy.  I also planted a packet of nasturtiums in the same spot they were last year, since a couple have already come up from that crop.  I watered my sweet peas out back.  They are doing nicely.  I took a couple of naps yesterday and now I'm ready for another week.

 Quad is up in the round pen now, so he can't chew on Sunni's tail any longer!
 This is the ranch a couple of weeks ago.  I love the fall colors!
More of the ranch from a couple of weeks ago.

No comments: