Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Kitten update

Both of the feral kittens are still with us.  The black & white one hides under the huge Chinaberry tree out back and only comes out to eat breakfast and dinner.  The little tabby (male) greets me at the back door every day now for breakfast & dinner.  He's fascinated with all the birds that come out front and I am watching him right now.  He's hunkered down next to one of my old lavender bushes and earlier this morning, he threw himself at a couple of doves, who laughed at him as they flew away.  He's quite a character!  He now lets me touch him and if I'm late with a meal, he's complaining at the door!  He makes his morning around to the water bowls, then lies in the mud next to them and watches the birds.  Right now, he's so sleepy, he can barely keep his eyes open!  Well, maybe he'll open them for a bird!  Here he is this morning, exhausted after trying to catch a dove or two! :-)

No comments: