Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, June 15, 2015

Horse visit FINALLY!

Well, I FINALLY got up to visit the horses yesterday.  All are fine.  Lucille is still shedding and I'm going to have to use the clippers on her "beard" and legs.  She always has so much dang hair!  And, she had some REALLY horrible knots in her mane!  Two on one side and one on the other.  So, I will and detangled them while talking to the ranch owner yesterday.  I'll give Lucille a nice bath and put conditioner on her mane and tail when I return next time.  I forgot my scissors, or I would have trimmed her tail.  She has the thickest, fullest tail of ANY of my herd!  I forgot them because I cleaned out my grooming box and I left them at home...DUH!

It's going to be a hot week this coming week...up to 111 or even 113 degrees here in the desert!  Ugh!  And, it was hot up in Anza, too.  Too hot to do anything with the horses, so I just brushed them and gave them a snack.

This is my official first day of summer vacation!  Whoo, whoo!   :-)  Thank goodness I made it through the school year.  I've had extremely disruptive and disrespectful classes for two years in a row.  That's very tiring~emotionally AND physically!

 One of the turkey vultures that flew over me.  The others disappeared too quickly.

Pretty thunderheads were developing yesterday.


No comments: