Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Quad has made it through his colic! Phew!

This was a bad one.  His colic wasn't nearly as bad as Cali's and she didn't survive.  I miss her every day.  He's back to his normal routine:  kicking his corral and making ugly faces at Sunni!

We are switching him to Bermuda/alfalfa pellets, with a little Timothy added.  HOPEFULLY he won't fling his pellets all over the mats. YES, he has 2 huge rubber mats!  The feed store has some, and they are $50.00 each, which I can't afford right now, but as soon as I get my first paycheck, I'm going to buy MORE.  Every horse has at least 1 rubber mat under their feeder, but Quad has 2 already.  Either that, or let his manure pile up and he can eat off his manure!
  He's the horse that our grandson wants to ride, the one who will start kindergarten next Tuesday!   :-)  So, I HAVE to keep Quad safe and healthy!  :-)  I didn't sleep for 3 nights worrying about him, goofy boy!

Quad standing patiently for the farrier. He's so used to so many things!

1 comment:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I'm glad to hear he's feeling better.