Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Spring? Nah...summer is HERE...NOW

"Summer's coming!".  No, actually, summer is HERE.  Down in the desert, we've had temps of 108 and 107 the last two days.  I'm going up to the horse ranch this morning, and it is overcast, so the temps will be about 10 degrees cooler here in the desert and it should be pleasant up in the mountains.  I bought everybody pellets last weekend, but I need to get them all salt blocks, especially with hot weather coming. So, I'll go up and do my chores this morning.  :-)  I actually enjoy horse chores!
 Quad, doing what he does best...eating!
The colt looking down at Sunni in the arena.  That's Lucille behind him...

1 comment:

DeniseinVA said...

I don't ride or have a horse but I love it when I have a chance being around them. Beautiful horses!