Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

DAP? Nah...I don't think so...


California Chrome's partners are called "Dumb Ass Partners" and his jockey has a big DAP on his silks, but I don't think those two are dumb.  "Clever as a fox" maybe, but certainly not dumb.  I've looked at California Chrome's pedigree.  On his sire's side he has Lucky Spell, who raced 69 times and won 12 times, placed 8, and showed 11.  And, he has A.P. Indy, a son of Weekend Surprise and Seattle Slew.  On his dam's side, he has Danzig and Numbered Account, as well as Sir Gaylord, who was a son of Somethingroyal, the dam of Secretariat.  He's also cross bred twice to Northern Dancer.  Yeah, I don't think there is ANYTHING dumb about these guys.  I just read that CC's dam is bred again to Pulpit.  Do you think lightning will strike twice?  I don't think so...Do you think he will win the Belmont Stakes?  I think he just might...

Anyway, I spotted this guy enjoying the morning next to his barn near Ramona two weekends ago.  He was so adorable that I pulled over to take a couple of photos of him.

No comments: