Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

grooming day!







Wow! What an afternoon! Our son, his girlfriend, and one of her friends followed us up to "the herd" to get introduced and to be put to work grooming the herd, since they are ALL shedding out! Scout was the first horse to want to be haltered, so I haltered her and Dad held her. Next, I haltered Cali. Claudia offered to brush Cali and fell in LOVE with her! "She 's my FAVORITE horse!" she exclaimed after about 2 minutes! Sunni ran off and didn't want to be haltered! Go figure. He's ALWAYS so eager to come to me. So, I brushed Scout, Claudia brushed Cali, Hal was able to walk up to Sunni and brush him, and those 3 got groomed this afternoon! See pictures! It was a great afternoon to relax and enjoy the horses and to socialize them!

No comments: