Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, August 19, 2024

Still here...August 2024

 Still here...alive & kicking!  (most of the time)...

I'm still adjusting to the death of Gigondas.   I know she was old, but I miss her.   She would softly nicker when I drove up to the ranch and I think she actually kinda/sorta looked forward to my visits.  She ended up with Cushings and one night she quietly passed in her sleep. I REALLY do miss her.

Last summer was brutal here in the desert, but this one actually hasn't been that bad.   We haven't had that many days of temps 120 or higher and we have about 3 more days of heat and then a drastic cool down!  We've already had some cooler mornings and I've been able to go out front and do yard work.  My tomatoes from last spring are all done & gone and I have 4 new totes to fill and plant this fall.   YAY!

I'm still pckking up the 2 grandkids here on early release days and we get together quite often.  Haven't seen the ones back East now for 4 years...sigh...It's not like Papa and I can just get up, leave our house and dog and inside cat and go visit them.   Nope...so we talk by Skype when we can.


Otherwise, life is just going on, as usual.   I still feed the birds and we have a momma cat and her 4 kittens out in the garage AND 2 more showed up.   We have NO idea where THEY came from, but she took them in.   They all play together and are quite entertaining.

Cheers!

Cheryl Ann


Nice view looking west from Toro Peak...afternoon monsoon


No comments: