Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, August 13, 2021

Still here, but hobbling around!

Well, we are still here.   Grandkids are back IN school, but I don't know how long that will last.   There are already cases of COVID exposure at their school.  (They are both now at the same school.)...we'll see...sigh...

I pulled a ligament in my left knee a month ago getting up out of my recliner.   I heard a loud "POP" and half my kneecap went one way, the other half went the other direction.   I screamed!   I nearly collapsed on the floor.   I woke hubby up from his nap!   I've been hobbling around ever since, but now I also go to physical therapy twice a week.   After each  session, I am physically EXHAUSTED!   Obviously I'm not doing much right now.   It took me 3 weeks to make 2 journals! I just couldn't focus or concentrate!   I'm getting better about taking time in the mornings and afternoons to work on some fall journals now.

So, life goes on.   I had to let my garden go because I just couldn't get out back to water it and, with it being August, it was time to rest it anyway.   I'm already planning my fall one IF (and that's a big "if") I can get out and get it ready.   If not, well, then I won't have one.

Coopers' hawks are returning almost daily to the bird bath and we still have doves, finches, and sparrows, and the occasional woodpecker.  I've heard a male grosbeak now for about a week, but haven't spotted him yet.  This August has been NO WHERE near as hot as last year's and next week, we will have double digit temps!   And, nights down in the 70's...YAY!   I'm going out for a very short walk (with my cane) every morning in our cool air.

Take care and stay healthy!

Cheryl Ann

Storm clouds up in our local mountains after a monsoon storm last week...


Another view of our mountains and clouds

3 comments:

sandy said...

I have to bookmark this blog again. I always enjoyed coming here. That banner photo is beautiful and i'm glad you are over that knee injury.
Do you get to go to the ranch often .. Is it at a higher elevation because it looks like country in the banner photo.

sandy said...

okay just read under the photo it is in the mountains. Is this anywhere near Idylwild.

sandy said...

I love the look of this blog - the wood background etc. I will have to look and see if blogger offers this one. It's so pleasing on the eyes.