Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Still here...slugging along

 Since we are both over 65, we have now completed our 2nd COVID vaccine shot and are back to normal...whatever that is.   We now just stay at home.   I run out to the grocery store about once a week, although yesterday I did visit 2 fabric shops and I went to Target with our daughter and granddaughter and then I also ran to the post office to mail out a journal.   PHEW!   That was a busy day!

I've gained 10 pounds and hubby has gained 20.   I'm noticing my legs don't work like they used to and I have to consciously THINK about where I put my feet.   I'm 69 now and slowing down...YES!   I hate to admit it, but it is true.  Sometimes when I go out in the back yard, my feet get tangled up and I nearly go down.   And, I tend to shuffle a lot.   Hmmm....guess more walking is in order!   Doctor won't be happy with all the weight gain, either.   Well, when all you do is STAY HOME....

Some photos from the yard.   My hollyhocks are starting to open up.   Sunflowers are done in 2 areas, but new ones are coming up in another one.   Oh, and I have California poppies AND African daisies where the Chinaberry tree used to be!


No comments: