Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, March 30, 2020

Is there a bright spot in staying home? I think so...

I'm NOT venturing out for anything now unless e are completely out of it.   Hubby just placed an order with one of our high-end grocery stores for delivery, so we will see how long it takes.   I made 2 loaves of a chocolate zucchini bread and now we only have 1 egg left, so eggs were on our list.   Meat, too, since we only have 4 bags of 1/2 pound of hamburger each.   Hubby made a delightful spaghetti last night using 1 bag and we do have plenty of pasta and sauce here at home, since I stocked up on it.   And, we have onions and garlic, so VOILA!

Is there a bright side of staying home?   Well, yesterday I emptied out 2 clothes hampers that I hadn't touched in over a year.   I found the bront plastic thing for our vacuum (HOORAY!) and I've now done about 8 loads of hubby's t-shirts.   He must have about 100 t shirts, all colors.   I'm going to strangle him if I ever have to wash that many again.   So, that job is DONE!   I'm also cleaning out the bedroom, since that seems to be where everything is dropped.

And, I'm baking and cooking again!   I dug out my 2 Amish cooking cookbooks and I'm going through them.   I have plenty of baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and flour.   I'm just short on eggs.   We have enough dog food left in our COSTCO bag for maybe another 2-3 weeks.  Bodie doesn't eat much dry food and we aren't over feeding him.   The cats have food and the birds do, too, for now...At some point I AM going to have to go out and buy bird seed and cat and dog food, but that might be a couple weeks away.

So, I'm enjoying my garden.   I watered a spot out front where I planted sunflower and hollyhock seeds and LO AND BEHOLD!   My African daisies that I tossed out there are sprouting! 

Until next time,
XOXOXOXOXO
Stay healthy!
~Cheryl~
Some photos of Bodie helping me with my gardening:




No comments: