Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Had a good visit with the horses today

After being officially retired now for two whole weeks, this was the first day I had a chance to go visit the horses, so off I went this morning.  FINALLY!  Between eye exams, and a couple of appointments for a new bridge (while I still have dental and vision insurance), I've been busy!

The horses are all fine, but they were all screaming for an extra meal.  Sunni is nice and filled out, while Quad is...well, he paces a lot and he is thin.  The owner has upped his daily scoop and he now gets more than he has in the past.  Scout is fine.  Gigondas needs to be brushed, but I was short on time today, so I'll return probably on Tuesday, since another storm will be moving in that day and I want to get photos of the clouds.  Plus, if it is raining, who can resist the smell of wet pavement?

This was out last storm, about two weeks ago...I took this photo on one of my last days of work.

No comments: